Production Project – Session 5 – Team 6

SUMMARY

Role

Character Artist

Intention (SMART Goal)

By May 10, as a Animator, I will have evidence of creating a satisfying reload mechanic for at least 1 gun in our online multiplayer shooter by following tutorials like this

PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY

Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)

Marvin Frederick is a professional animator who makes reload animations. he is talking on the Animator’s Journey Podcast, a podcast that specializes in teaching 3-d animation. Animator’s Journey is also a website that offers classes for beginners, intermediates, and professionals.

Training Source(s)

Evidence of Team Planning and Decisions

PRODUCTION – ACTION

The (FILM, SOUND, or GAME Creation)

We still do not have an Itch page

Skills Commentary

Here’s our team slideshow

POST-PRODUCTION – REFLECTION

21st Century Skills

Ways of Thinking (Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving)

I had to think creatively mostly with the animations I was making. I wanted them to be a bit nonsensical. For instance, you reload the AR by detaching the barrel and attaching a new one. I also got to be creative when making posters.

Ways of Working (Communication & Collaboration)

I helped Bryce a lot with his map since my seat was moved. We established some background on the setting so he could add a lot of detail to his map.

Tools for Working (Info & Media Literacy)

This session, I got to return to making pixel art through pixilart.com. The posters gave a good chance to play with layers, which made working with the art a lot easier especially for pieces with foreground and background.

Ways of Living in the World (Life & Career)

This session, after I finished my animations, I had to find a way to be useful. I don’t have access to Unity since adding me would cost extra money from my teacher, so I couldn’t personally add my animations to the game. Thus, when I finished the reloads, I decided to make models and textured that would be easy to add

Reactions to the Final Version

Self-Evaluation of Final Version

Grammar and Spelling

Editor